Monday, September 15, 2008

The World's Problems are Solved

What a crazy day! My day started with a session at Curves....after Curves I stopped at my friend, Bernice's house. Both she and her husband were home so we solved the world's problems for awhile....like about two hours. Bernice suggested we visit a widow from our church (that is my friend, Bernice, always thinking of those that are lonely). Before we got out of her subdivision, we sighted two women in a garage getting ready for a garage sale for the middle of the week. Bernice said we should stop and see if they would let us look. We looked........wouldn't you know they would have a beautiful set of china.....ugh......why can't I say no to such things. I made a commitment to get rid of some of my other stuff. When we got to Dollie's house, she was in her chair yelling "come on in" before we got to the door. We visited together until we asked the time. It was one o'clock. One o'clock? Oh my goodness, we visited right through lunch. We talked about some people in our church going through difficult times. Before we left the three of us (where two or three are gathered) bowed our head to the Father and asked for blessing on those that need His touch in such a desperate way. It was a sweet time.

Homeward bound....now two o'clock, I couldn't drive in my driveway because a pickup truck was in my space. I realized it was my baby brother. He is still my baby even though he is fifty four years old. I was twelve when he was born and to this day I feel like his second mother and since our mother died thirty years ago, I guess I feel like his sister/mother. He and Ken were jawing when I arrived and two hours later, after we again had solved the world's problems, he went home. He is precious to me and he and I often comment when we visit that nurture has more to do with who we are than nature. Twelve years between us but our philosophies are so similar. We apples don't fall far from our tree. Actually, there are four siblings in all and all the apples seem to be the same variety. Interesting how that happens, uh?

We got the brunt of Hurricane Ike over the weekend. Ten inches of rain over the course of two days and two nights. We are so thankful we didn't get water in our lower level. That would be thanks to our new septic system which keeps the surface water far from the house. God does know what He is doing.

BTW......Lauri commented that the hobo dinner also needs a half cup of water poured over it before sealing the foil. Sorry I forgot that last detail and hopefully no one has attempted the recipe yet.

No comments: