Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Concert is Successful

Larnelle Harris has come and gone. It was an interesting experience to sing in a choir for such a professional. I got the feeling Larnelle was a bit less than personable. I may be wrong but it was the impression he left with me. He was all business and short on the interaction. On the other hand, his pianist, Simeon was absolutely a people person. He just dripped his social little self in every move. He had a joke or encouraging word for everyone. Ken and I were discussing this very thing this morning and we talked about God's grace in that situation. Larnelle has talent and then some and while Simeon is also very talented, he excels in PR. Larnelle needs Simeon. I guess Simeon needs Larnelle also....how many pianist do we know that have a one man act? Not many. I heard from people at church this morning that the concert was spectacular. It is a judgement not easily made when one was involved. I couldn't hear what Larnelle was saying most of the time....there was a speaker just to my left and I heard that very well but that was mainly music. I know many people invested time and hard cash into last night and for them I am very grateful. Already people are asking who we will get to put on a concert the next time. I say we invite Sandy Patti. After all, she is a Hoosier.

No comments: