Saturday, January 24, 2009

Noblesville and Its Special People

Thursday was such a pretty day and I longed to go for a long ride and let the sunrays soak into my light deficient body. Ken was busy so it didn't happen. When yesterday dawned with a small hopeful glow in the south east I decided to make my move. I asked Ken what he thought about riding to Noblesville to see Josh and Susan. He thought we could do that. They are very easy to visit with and we always enjoy our time there. The sun was not shining when we pulled onto 65 south but I still had hope. It wasn't long before the glow turned into a show and we were warmed right there in the front seats of our vehicle. It was so beautiful. It was the first ride in the car for two months in which I could relax and let out many yawns and sighs.

When we arrived it was 45 degrees which eventually went to 49 degrees. I made mention around my son that dad should clean out the Durango. Josh is a pleaser so he hopped right on that one. It wasn't long before they took it to the car wash and got the outside clean, and then more importantly, to me, they pulled it into the garage and cleaned the inside til it shone. I love a clean car. Over the years with as big a family as we had/have, it wasn't always a reality for my ideal longing. But, we drove home in a car that was clean, felt clean and looked clean.

I did have an ulterior motive in going to see Susan. Susan worked for seventeen years as a cosmetologist. She knows how to cut hair. I felt mine looked pretty awful. Actually, I was not happy with my last haircut so each time I did my hair in the morning I always came up short emotionally. Susan was very willing to bring her mother in law up to standard. We made a plan and she cut and shaped it so that with a little growth we will be where I've wanted to be. Noblesville isn't too far to go for a haircut, is it?

Our visit was rich and our ride home just as enjoyable. We stayed long enough for Grandpa and DAddy to walk to the road, (a good distance) to meet Kiersten, our little first grader, at the bus. She was happy as a little lark as she told of her school day. She was even more excited about a soc hop for first graders that she was going to attend at six thirty. Blew my mind. What did we do for entertainment when we were first graders? A picnic at the end of the school year was about it. I was very tired by the time we reached home but it felt good to have accomplished some things.

The call of this spring is to reclaim our home. That means.......get all my collections out of here.....get rid of the surplus and live more simply. Each time we talked of some things Josh has been interested in over the years, he would say, I did that know I'm on to other things. That's how I feel about being the owner of three hundred glass luncheon sets and who knows how many boxes of dishes. Been there done that and now on to a more simple lifestyle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Sister,

I am so thankful to hear that you have gotten such good news on your bloodwork results. I know what a high mountain you have been trying to get over. May God warm you in His strength, comfort and rest.

All my love, Jann