Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thank you Jesus

A physican's assistant told me yesterday that she wished I had held off on a blood test I had done yesterday. Last week she told me to be thinking of getting one. I do what the doctors tell me so why she changed her mind I don't know. When I asked the reason she said it was because my kidney numbers would still show high after being on some potent stuff.

Today, my friend Mandy from my family doctor in town called to give me the results of the test. I wanted to scream so I couldn't hear them but I could tell by Mandy's excited voice that there was good news. She started this way, "We got your results and Dr. Tim wanted me to call you to report that your numbers are better!" I listened as she gave me the numbers and then got a pen and asked her to repeat them. They were BETTER! I give all the praise and glory to our healing God. It was good news that was the ultimate. It made me realize that there is a future for me........all for God's glory. He has taught me so much through this horrific experience. I would not want to repeat the pain and agony but I praise Him for showing me things I've never seen before. The really neat thing is that two of my biggest supporters; one medical and one emotional were both gone for an entire week. I can't count the times I have said, "I wish so and so were home so we could discuss this." Well, now I can't wait for both of them to get home so I can shout it from the mountain tops. God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me!

Praise God with us today.

2 comments:

Hoosier Mama 7 said...

Hip Hip Hooray! What wonderful news. the numbers confirmed that you are doing better!!

Gayle De Vries said...

It is truly a big encouragement. Kind of like seeing a little harvest on the efforts being invested. :)