Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today is the Day

Finally, the sun! Only 46 degrees. It isn't warm yet, but it is getting there, so they say. Supposed to get to 64. We will see.

The wake isn't until two o'clock and then the funeral is at four. It will be a long day here today. After the funeral Jann is having the luncheon here. It is interesting how differently things are done in different places. I think if I were the widow I'd prefer to let the church ladies worry about it. I could hear my sister cleaning up and making preparations from three to five this morning. Miss Tiddy Mighty. She's a trip. If anyone thinks I have been fussy in my life, they have never met my sister. Yikes. Then I remind myself that my home has always housed more people than she had at her highest count. At this point now, it is 5/1. She also has a nice new house and the rooms are larger which are easier to keep organized. Her house is a very open concept.......no stairs.....airy. Both Ken and I like the layout. Very comfortable.

I'm thinking this will be a very hard day for Sis. She has been solid as a rock but I'm afraid today will bring out the reality of this time.

Aside from hearing Jann putts outside our bedroom door, last night was the first night for two months that I slept until seven o'clock. This morning I feel more rested than I have...that is sure to help. Like I have said, "Each day is a bit better."

No comments: