Monday, February 2, 2009

Commiserating

Monday Morning.......it rained all night. The sound was therapeutic each time I roused. I had hoped it would rain itself out by morning but while the rain has stopped and the sun has played peek a boo with me, it still isn't pretty out there yet. Sometimes it takes awhile to clear off when one is so near the ocean.

Yesterday was a very busy day. We took our time getting going after my brothers and their wives left for home. While we talked of getting ready for church, not one of us had enough energy to get dressed up. Around eleven thirty, we left to go to the ocean. It is always a beautiful sight and one that can't be skipped when here. We stood on the pier and watched the waves and pelicans diving for about a half hour. The sun was strong but the wind was nippy.

After that we made a few necessary stops for things one or the other of us needed and then we went to my dad and Mary's for a visit. A distant relative that lives on the island now and grew up with me as a child came to spend some time. It was so good to see her again. It's amazing that people that spent so much time together as children don't get to see each other in real life much because of distance. They used to live in Lansing and now spend summers at a cottag e in Michigan and winters on this wonderful island called, "Nettles". Not to tough to take.

After a tour of their new modular and a tour of the rental of some DE Motte friends, we headed back home with a very tired Gayle. Jann's daughter from Wisconsin and her family stayed the night last night so that gave me a great excuse to tell them I would leave them to visit with each other while I stole away to my room just to recoop. This trip has been a gift but a very busy gift. I think we will leave for the north tomorrow. I have too many meetings and events I have to be at and that kind of takes the fun out of VACATION. Oh, to be free of responsibility. I'm going to work on that, yes I am. All these "have tos"limit our freedom especially in the winter when it would be nice to go where we wanted when we wanted. My daughter tells me not to make those decisions now but I remember feeling this way last year as well. I love what we do, but I think it has come to the time that I say, its been a nice ride.

Enough of that.

Have a great day.

No comments: