Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Selections

Now I know those who read my blog have comments along the way. Why not share them with me? It would encourage me to go on. All you need to do is click the word comment on the bottom of the blog and share your heart with me. Please.

Now Sometimes surprises happen suddenly and totally unexpected. One of our church families lives up the road and up the hill from us. I don't think Tawnya has ever been to our house before. Late yesterday afternnoon a friend and I were visiting in the sunroom and I heard some voices come through the door. There was Tawyna and two of her little boys, probably number two and three of their five small children. Tawyna stood in the door way to the sunroom and explained that she was finished with the yard work at her home and that her husband was still mowing so she took the kids over to do whatever I wanted done in my yard. Eureka!. I didn't skip a beat, I knew the garden to the east of the sunroom and back of the main part of the house was full of weeks. Tawyna looked out the window and said, Yep, sure enough. Some forty to forty five minutes later, the garden was clean and my spirit lifted a mile. Those little boys were learning at their mother's side to help a neighbor in time of need and also was teaching them what the difference between a perennial and weed is. What a good mom! Thanks Tawyna and boys. Anyone that pulls out weeds for me is special. I'm so grateful.

Is anyone else watching the British Open? Tom Watson, age fifty nine, is doing so well. I find myself praying for the man. He maintains incredible control and shows immense humility. What a witness for good sportsmanship. At the moment he is one under but hopefully he can pull it off. What a historic event it would be. We will know the outcome at the end of the day.

Our friend Joni, the new mommy in the header picture, was taken to the hospital last evening. She is suffering from an infection due to some residue left in her uterus after the birth. We are asking for prayer that this will not become worse as Joni is threatened by infections. Joni's dad is with her at the hospital, her husband came home and is trying to get some rest and Linda, Joni's mom is caring for the baby. Just when we thought all was well. God bless the medication to her body and rid it of infection.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Gail, Several people have told me you blogged about our little adventure down the road, so I had to check it out.
It was our pleasure to help you out. My boys really enjoyed helping you and learned how wonderful it can be to give to others. Thank you for letting us work.
Tawnya

Gayle De Vries said...

It was such a joy to me. Yesterday our Michigan son and family arrived on the scene and filled that garden with hostas and Japanese red grass. Our goal is to gve no light to those weed seeds. Such progress as I just stood and watched. :)