Sunday, August 9, 2009

Isaiah's Memorable Sunday

Our Florida son, Jay, took his son, Austin, 13, to Chicago for a Bears event this weekend. Our Chicago daughter, Jennifer, invited several family members for Saturday evening and seven of us could make it. Our daughter's better half is a fantastic cook to we enjoyed an awesome meal. Best of all was enjoying each other. It was the first time Scarlen and Isaiah had experienced downtown Chicago condo life. It's interesting to bring country bumpkins to the city where one has to ring a bell or make a phone call to just be allowed into the building. I chuckled at their reaction. We all enjoyed their wonderful terrace filled with beautiful pots of flowers. Jennifer made a great hostess and I was very proud of her. Each of our children is so different in character..........the love in a parent's heart for each if them is the same. I am so proud of all eight of our children. God has been oh so gracious.

When we returned home last night Scarlen said she and Isaiah would attend second service this morning. Generally first service attendees, we said we would see them on their way in and our way out. Ken and I woke up at eight this morning which would give us 45 minutes for showers and breakfast. We decided to go to second service. When we got to church the kids were coming out from the first service and when they saw us began to laugh. While we stood talking with some people, a nineteen year old boy that had an aneurism a few weeks ago came out the door, a parent on both sides. It wasn't a pretty sight. Scarlen asked what happened and I told her. It wasn't a pretty story either. Unbeknown to me and to his mother Isaiah didn't know Josh's condition. Isaiah turned around and said to his mom, let's get home, I can't see. One never knows when he is teasing or serious. No sooner were we in the hall at church and a man came and got us and an EMT lady we were talking with. He told us that Isaiah had collapsed in the parking lot. Scarlen was sitting on the ground holding his head in her lap crying her eyes out. The EMT lady asked Isaiah questions and that is when his story came out. Jan called for the EMTs and soon, very soon, the ambulance was there and they took Isaiah inside and sized up the situation. Isaiah was very pale and rather scared and lathargic. We decided to take him in just to make sure he was okay. I rode in the front seat with the driver and Scarlen sat in the back with Isaiah. They did the usual tests, gave him a liter of fluid, fed him a cheeseburger fries. The doctor said Isaiah has venovelga syndrome which simply means when he hears something grusome he passes out. Hmmmmm.......I know there is no blood relationship here but I think he got that from me.:)))))))) The good news is that he began to perk up and was soon his old self again. I'm not sure his mom has recovered yet. I called the man that got us out of church to thank him for his help. He Scarlen had looked at him and said with vigor, "Get my mom". Like I said yesterday or the day before, that relationship has healed and continues to bloom. I praise God and love her to pieces. When we got home, I told Ken I needed to sit and recover. Mom couldn't show emotion, only support so I needed a bit of peace and restoration.

No comments: