Friday, August 7, 2009

What a Magnificient Creator



This Is My Father's World

1. This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought.

2. This is my Father's world,
the birds their carols raise,
the morning light, the lily white,
declare their maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
he shines in all that's fair;
in the rustling grass I hear him pass;
he speaks to me everywhere.

3. This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!

I told Ken last evening to be really quiet upon getting up this morning since I planned to "sleep in". No big plans for today so I thought I'd make up for yesterday and get a good start for tommorow. At 9:21, the door bell rang, Ken had locked the door so I had to open my eyes and get out of my chair. It was Bernice, "Come on, get dressed, we are going out to Lake Village to see someone I know." To say I was perplexed is an understatement. I walked around in a daze. Finally, I took a Navy shower (one minute),got dressed, ate a half a bagel and out the door we went.
On our drive, we saw so many "naked ladies" blooming. As we discussed the miracle of that particular plant, couldn't help but note the amazing creation of our God. A bulb is planted and in the spring, green shoots similar to daffodils come up and look healthy and like they are ready for a long summer. Soon the green shoots die and disappear. In August, in the same spot as the shoots grew, long stalks grow tall and robust and produce a gorgeous pink flower. Look around, you are sure to see them in yards if you are not familiar with them. A miracle that happens year after year.
On our way home, we stopped at some relatively new friends of ours; John and Jan. They are late sixty newly weds of a year or so and both are delightful. Since it was some after 11 o'clock, Jan insisted we eat lunch with them. We had a great lunch and just prior to our sitting down, she asked if she could put on a CD of hymns played by piano and trumpet. It was wonderful.........soon the hymn This Is My Father's World was playing. When I heard the phrase, "he speaks to me everywhere", my spirit bowed in submission and praise. That is where the "naked ladies" came into the picture of my spirit eyes. Join me in praise today.

1 comment:

Grandma Patty said...

Gayle,
My Mom's favorite CD to play in the car is Amy Grant's "legacy". The first song is This is my Father's World. We played three CD's over and over as we sat around her bedside in the week before she died. Our family sang that song many times to her in her final days!