Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week in Review

What happened since Tuesday? It is a blur. Yesterday, I went to church for awhile to help get ready for the huge rummage sale we had today. It was fun getting together with the other volunteers. I decided I'd go home and do some baking for the bake sale booth. I made a pumpkin crunch dessert and mint filled brownies. During the night I woke and had an overwhelming desire to make homemade cinnamon rolls. So I put the dough ingredients together and dumped them in the bread machine. Then back to bed until time for the next step. I slept in too late and I had to hustle to get the rolls baked and frosted. Fortunately, Ken called and asked if I needed help..........I said YES. He hurried home from town and we got my act together rather quickly.

Ken was just sitting here making egg salad. Kico was sitting on my shoulder and decided to jump onto the table to get a better look. The crazy bird has never accepted any vegetable or fruit I have offered him. Ken gave him a small piece of egg and he wolfed it down. How funny, feeding a bird an egg. We had a good laugh.

I have concerns with some of the things going on in Washington this weekend. While I want no record of my opinions, I do wish to have you look into what I may be talking about. It is disconcerning. Ken and I sat with my dad and his wife Mary and prayed together for our nation on Friday night. It was a rich moment. Not everyone my age gets to pray with a clear headed, sharp eighty nine year old father. Oh God, thank you for such a blessing and the richness of that evening as we sat around on the sunporch discussing the goings on and yielding to the knowledge that only God can help us as a nation.

No comments: