Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Weekend

Okay, so having a new baby bird takes time. He is so friendly, in fact, he doesn;t like it when I walk away. He wants to be on my shoulder all the time. He is learning to spend time in his cage without throwing a fit. He kisses me upon request. His nails are long and draw blood on my arm when he climbs up with vigor. I'm going to the petstore and ask them to cut those nails and square them off.

Yesterday morning Ken and I helped with our church's food pantry. It was such a beautiful day. I'm sure that added to the pleasure. We served 98 families with food. They got a very nice portion of food plus a couple of pieces of meat and a watermelon and muskmelon. The people looked very happy. I heard no complaints. It was fun to love them and show interest in their lives.

We spent the afternoon relaxing and taking life rather easy. Today we went to church and then taxied Isaiah home, and back to Roselawn so he could catch a ride to his travel team game. The small amount of time we spent with him was fun. We don't see him enough, but we know he loves school and all his activities. He is doing well and that makes us happy. I don't think some people in our lives understand the investment we have in that boy and our desire to see him grow to be a rock of leadership in the church and and exemplary citizen. Go God. We are so grateful that our children are good parents to all our grandchildren.

No comments: